Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brrrrrrrrr........

It is March 8 and it is still -22 (-8C)! There is no melt down in site in the near future. This is what it looks like out my front window today.


At least it's sunny. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

The next sewing project that I wanted to do, trying to inspire spring into my dark little house, was to recover my pillows in the living room. I have decided that I can have whatever style I love in my house. I will not quell my preferences just because I live in a little 60's ranch style bungalow. As much as I love Amy Butler fabric and cool, crisp,clean lines, I am a vintage and ruffle lover! These are the before pics.



These are the after pics.




I have made all the pillow covers with an envelope back. These are easy to do and quick. They just slip on over the existing pillows.


I love the damask green fabric and the brown floral.


As I mentioned before, I love trims. The pre-pleated, plaid trim was only $2.50/metre at Fabricland. The red and green fringe was 80% off.



Flowers are good.


In the stamping department.........

I started making a desktop calendar for the year and I am almost done. I really did start in December and I have been able to enjoy January and February. Now it's March and I must get the rest of the calendar done.




Hopefully I will get the rest of the calendar done tonight.

Until later, have a productive day and may it be Spring where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment